Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Single stalls

Dear Let Us Pee,

I get excruciating periods, which ravage my body physically sick, incurable by Peptobismol, and I am screaming with pain for at least one, if not two days a month. I had orientation for a course and was all but crying on the way out. Luckily, my friend had it too and had driven us. I asked that we had to stop at Walgreens immediately. I made my way around the store as quickly as possible getting tampons, anti-nausea liquid, and Midol. When I got up to the counter, I asked the guy who rang me up if I could use the rest room. I followed him to the back, and he punched in the code on the mens room door before i could protest. Not wanting to make him uncomfortable, I thanked him and went in. I took the anti-nausea medicine, did my business, but then realized... there was no place to put the wrapper to the tampon, so i had to keep it in my pocket and put it in the trash once outside. On top of it all, i threw up the anti-nausea medicine five minutes later.

This situation was touchy because, i didn't want him to be uncomfortable... did he know i was not a boy? If he did, he may have been trying to make me feel more comfortable.. but regardless.. single stall bathrooms need not gender biases.

Sincerely,

Single stall bathrooms don't care which gender you are

No comments:

Post a Comment