Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Single stalls

Dear Let Us Pee,

I get excruciating periods, which ravage my body physically sick, incurable by Peptobismol, and I am screaming with pain for at least one, if not two days a month. I had orientation for a course and was all but crying on the way out. Luckily, my friend had it too and had driven us. I asked that we had to stop at Walgreens immediately. I made my way around the store as quickly as possible getting tampons, anti-nausea liquid, and Midol. When I got up to the counter, I asked the guy who rang me up if I could use the rest room. I followed him to the back, and he punched in the code on the mens room door before i could protest. Not wanting to make him uncomfortable, I thanked him and went in. I took the anti-nausea medicine, did my business, but then realized... there was no place to put the wrapper to the tampon, so i had to keep it in my pocket and put it in the trash once outside. On top of it all, i threw up the anti-nausea medicine five minutes later.

This situation was touchy because, i didn't want him to be uncomfortable... did he know i was not a boy? If he did, he may have been trying to make me feel more comfortable.. but regardless.. single stall bathrooms need not gender biases.

Sincerely,

Single stall bathrooms don't care which gender you are

1 comment: